THE DIARY OF AN EROTIC WRITER

Chiron and Orion

My publisher, eXtasy Books, has a prohibition against anything resembling bestiality. They made me rewrite a scene where a bull mounts a woman.  As published, he only gets to lick her knee. I've saved the original, in case they change their minds someday.

With that in mind, I've had to limit the roles of the two dogs in my Fair Warrior Chronicles series. They are white wolfhounds named Chiron and Orion. Wolfhounds are very large, elegant-looking dogs. A wolfhound can bring down a deer.

I started using the dogs in the second book of the Fair Warrior Chronicles series. Camilla the Huntress and her female companion Cho live deep in an English forest. They hunt with bow and arrow. Hunters who invade their territory are bewitched into believing they are deer hunted by hounds.

Those of you who enjoy mythology will recognize elements of the myths of Diana the Huntress.  That's no accident.
I liked the dogs. They added some nice atmosphere. They show up in all the rest of the stories. They intimidate a few bad guys. They get to ride as passengers on motorcycles. At the end, they chase the ultimate villain, who thinks he's a deer. 

The closest Chiron and Orion get to sex is when they serve as a blind so that three of my characters can have the privacy to do it in New York's Central Park.
I've just about finished the last story of the Fair Warriors series, so it's goodbye to Chiron and Orion. Owning some fictional wolfhounds has been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment