THE DIARY OF AN EROTIC WRITER

Happy endings


Yesterday I submitted the last story of the Fair Warrior Chronicles to the editors at eXtasy Books. I gave the series and the story an ending that I hope readers will find satisfying.  I think my stories trend in better directions when I decide at the outset that the ending will be happy. For an erotic romance, and probably for most fiction, a happy ending means that two people have found their way to a loving relationship.
I don't think much about how a story will end until it's time to end it. I'm more concerned with making the action, the relationships, and the sex interesting page by page and paragraph by paragraph.  I try to keep up the momentum and figure that things will work out.

At the conclusion of the Fair Warrior Chronicles, because each of the six stories involved a different pair of lovers, I decided to provide for six happy endings at once. During the series, the characters shared a lot of group sex. But at the end…well, I suppose the editors won't be pleased if I give the ending away.

No comments:

Post a Comment