THE DIARY OF AN EROTIC WRITER

Motivation


In the new series I'm starting, motivation is a problem at the outset. Why would a beautiful and successful professional woman take up night work in a high-class bordello? Here's a passage I just finished writing:

          A seafood restaurant glitters like a diamond in the black bracelet of closed retailers. The bright windows show diners at slim-legged tables and waiters in white jackets. I could stop the cab here, go into the restaurant, take a table for two, and pick up some young techie mico-millionare to buy my dinner, take me bar hopping, and fuck me through the night. I could never become a whore.

          It's the dark storefronts that drive me on. I hate shut-away things, secrets, walls, the blindness of devotion. This anger is Michael's legacy in my heart. Time to put myself on view. The crass openness of the bordello draws me. And the money, the charm of owing nothing, financially or emotionally, to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment