THE DIARY OF AN EROTIC WRITER

What is erotic Part 11: Wanting it


The raw desire for sex might be the very essence of eroticism. My work as a writer of erotic romances leads me to think about the varieties of erotic experience and the wellsprings of love. Today I'm thinking about the bare need for sex, without the other feelings and needs that go with desire and romance. 
Who doesn't want it?  Who can deny the need? Try to suppress it, and you lose. Fail to find an outlet, and the need twists to a perversion.  Love without sex is like an aquarium without water. You can make it work, but it's a lot harder to keep the fish alive. No difference if you are unable to find a mate, or physically unable to perform, or determined to give your life to other things. It's there. It never goes away. Like it or not, it drives you.

I'm building a new series around wanting it. The heroine has a lot going for her, but…. 
Sorry, I've just started the first story of the series. I don't want to give the story away. And I don't want to define the underlying themes too strictly. That's why we write and read, to explore the deep desires. This time, I'm diving for the deepest.

No comments:

Post a Comment