THE DIARY OF AN EROTIC WRITER

Low burn excerpt




Circe, the sixth and final book of my Fair Warrior Chronicles series, is scheduled to publish tomorrow. The book is erotic from start to finish. Some passages are hot-hot-hot. Others are a low burn. Tomorrow I'll celebrate the publishing by posting the cover and a hot passage. Here, for a preview, is one of the low burns:

 Tonight, as always, the pub is shoulder to shoulder. The late crowd is building energy. I nab the silk hanky from Devon’s jacket pocket, dab my eyes, and open the cab door. From inside the pub, men stare as my foot extends over the water streaming curbside and my skirt rides up my legs.

The men redirect their gazes when Devon joins me. He’s not a man whose woman you admire too openly.

He pats my ass. I say, “Once again, darling.” He obliges with another pat. My appetite to drag him to bed and thrash his body rekindles, as does my appetite for food. The kitchens of our pubs are a match for Gage’s Arms. On the way to our loft we’ll order something cheesy, toasty, and meaty from the kitchen, and bottles of Devon’s special reserve ale.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment