THE DIARY OF AN EROTIC WRITER

Wild Nights


Wild Nights
The Glass Rooms Adventures, my forthcoming new series, has the theme of exploring the wildness within us and how far we'll go to answer its call. My heroine leads a double life, lawyer by day and whore by night. (And please don't ask What's the difference between the two?)

I wanted to title the first book Wild Nights. A check of Amazon and Google showed me there are already a bunch of books with that title, and also reminded me that Wild Nights is the title given to the most erotic poem by my favorite poet, Emily Dickinson.   Here is Emily's masterpiece:

Wild nights! Wild nights!
Were I with thee,
Wild nights should be
Our luxury!

Futile the winds
To a heart in port,
Done with the compass,
Done with the chart.
Rowing in Eden!
Ah! the sea!
Might I but moor
To-night in thee!


I'm cheeky, but I couldn't bring myself to borrow a title from such excellence. So I tried flipping the words, and found nothing on Amazon or Google titled Night Wild. That's the title I'll use.

No comments:

Post a Comment